Links to some specific application type guidelines are included below. The General Specification Sheet (menu item) also deals extensively with general application types. The General Guidelines set out below is a very basic application guideline and application specific guidelines should be consulted in conjunction with it to ensure proper and effective application.
General Application Guidelines
All joints, construction or other as well as edges should be treated separately by the embedding of a strip of geotextile into a thick application of Waterblok and covered with another thick coat of Waterblok to ensure that there will be no seepage in the event of movement or cracking in the joint. Drains and protruding structures should be treated similarly. The basic application is easy:
- The area to be waterproofed is thoroughly cleaned and all dust, rust, moss, lichen, etc. removed. The area must be thoroughly checked for honeycombs as well as structural and other defects and repaired if necessary.
- Canting is provided for a flashing and on pedestal or similar protruding areas and sealed with a Waterblok and geotextile application and detail work on drains and construction joins, again using a Waterblok/geotextile application, is done and allowing 4 hours drying before next application.
- Cracks, joins and other imperfections are filled with a bituminous putty, polysulphide or Waterblok Crack Sealer and sealed with a strip of geotextile embedded in a thick coat of Waterblok. Detail work need to be done at drains, edges, etc. using geotextile & Waterblok Multi-Purpose
- Prime the area with a 50/50 Waterblok/water mixture and allow to dry for 2 to 4 hours.
- The entire area is covered by a coat of undiluted Waterblok and allowed to dry for 3 to 4 hours followed by a further two coats of undiluted Waterblok allowing drying of 3 to 4 hours between coats and 72 hours curing after final application before water tightness testing is carried out.