Waterblok Acrylic Waterproofing Compound is a water base brushable 100% acrylic coating material used to create high quality, long lasting waterproofing systems which, when used on its own or in conjunction with a reinforcing geotextile fabric, produces a highly elastic film which is impervious to water. It also protects against the effect of ultra-violet rays.
Typical uses are on exterior walls, firewalls, dampwalls, parapets, as a flashing, galvanized & similar types of roofing, roof decks (where a sufficient slope to drain exists with no ponding of water), canopies (with sufficient slope to drain), flashing, as a decorative and protective coating, etc.
It has the following characteristics & advantages:
- High resistance to degradation by ultra-violet rays
- Flexible under all ambient temperatures
- Excellent hiding power
- The color does not fade
- Material density is very high
- Thixotropic – resists flow on vertical surfaces
- Resists fungus and mould growth
- Brush or roller cold applied
- Effectively deals with and waterproofs grooves on walls
- Highly effective on concrete hollow block constructed or pre-cast walls
- Excellent adhesion to surface irrespective of whether concrete, masonry, metal, etc.
- Any required color finish can be attained